Tax Code and Tax Item list are blank after upgrading to QuickBooks QBi 2008/09
Legacy KB ID: 265
QuestionWhy is my tax code and tax item list blank after upgrading to QuickBooks QBi 2008/09?
This is due to the default Supplier Australian Taxation Office not appearing in your Supplier List.
To rectify this:
- Go back to QuickBooks 2007/08 - If this is no longer available you will need to reinstall QuickBooks 2007/08
- Restore a backup data from QuickBooks 2007/08
- From the List menu, select Other Names List
- Double click Australian Taxation Office to edit the details
- Enter in a First name and Last name
- Click Change Type... Select Name Type window will appear. Choose Supplier and click OK
- From the Supplier List, locate and double click on Australian Taxation Office. Remove the first name and last name details
- Click Save
- Make a new backup of the current data file
- Re-upgrade the data file