Error: These changes do not match the current company and cannot be imported when attempting to import Accountant's changes in QuickBooks QBi 2008/09
Legacy KB ID: 349
QuestionWhy do I receive the error: These changes do not match the current company and cannot be imported when attempting to import Accountant's changes in QuickBooks QBi 2008/09?
Overview of exchanging Accountant's Copy files with your client
- Your client creates the Accountant's Copy of their company file and sets the dividing date.
- Your client sends you the Accountant's Copy transfer file (.QBX) file and continues working on transactions after the dividing date.
- You convert the .QBX to an Accountant's Copy working file (.QBA) and then work with transactions on and before the dividing date.
- You export your changes and send your client an accountant's changes file (.QBY).
- Your client reviews and imports your changes into their company file, or they can choose to reject your changes.
This error message will occur:
- If you need to remove the restrictions on your company data, you can cancel an Accountant's Copy. If you have already given an Accountant's Copy file to your accountant, be sure to communicate with him or her before canceling. If the accountant is making changes to an Accountant's Copy file and you cancel the Accountant's Copy, you will not be able import the accountant's changes.
- This can also occur if the .QBY file has already been imported previously.