Uninstall and re-install the Reckon Accounts/Quickbooks PDF converter
Legacy KB ID: 4546
My Reckon Accounts PDF converter or QuickBooks PDF Converter has become corrupt. How do I uninstall and reinstall it so that I can successfully Save as PDF and send emails?
Please Note: In 2013 QuickBooks was renamed to Reckon Accounts Business. The program is the same. In this guide wherever QuickBooks is mentioned it also means Reckon Accounts Business.
In Windows Explorer directories you will see ReckonAccounts 2013 instead of QuickBooks 20xx-xx. In some instances, there will also be a QuickBooks 2013 folder as some functions are still coded for a QuickBooks directory.
1. Make sure that you are logged in to Windows with administrator rights. Check with your network administrator to see if you have administrator rights. Ensure that QuickBooks is closed.
Windows Home Edition users must carry out these steps logged onto the PC as the Built-in Administrator.
To Log in as the Built-In Administrator:
·Windows 10, 8 (Basic): Win + X > command prompt admin
·Windows 7 & Vista:
- Start > All Programs > Accessories;
- right click Command Prompt and left click Run as administrator;
- Type: net user administrator /active:yes
[When you have completed all actions, turn off the built-in administrator by typing: net user administrator /active:no ]
2. Windows 10, 8, 7 & Vista must turn UAC on:
a. Click on Start > Control Panel > (if needed, change View By to Small or Large icons) > User Accounts > Change User Account Control Settings;
b. Windows 10, 8, 7 – slide the bar to Always notify;
c. Windows Vista - tick the box to turn on UAC.
3. Delete the QuickBooks printer files – QBprint.qbp and wpr.ini:
Windows 10, 8, 7 & Vista: C:\Program Data\Intuit\ReckonAccounts 20xx. (for QB versions, QuickBooks 20xx-xx\.
(Accounts Business 2013 uses both QuickBooks 2013 and ReckonAccounts 2013 folders.)
If you cannot see C:\Program Data then it is hidden. To unhide it click on Organize > Folder and Search Options > View > and in the Advanced Settings box, under Hidden files and folders, click on the radio button Show hidden files, folders and drives.
Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ Intuit\QuickBooks 20xx-xx\
- Open the Devices and Printers window and remove the QuickBooks PDF converter by right-clicking it and selecting Remove device. Close this window.
- Accounts Business 2016: Reckon Accounts V5 PDF Converter;
- Accounts Business 2014: Reckon Accounts V4 PDF Converter;
- Accounts Business 2013: QuickBooks V4 PDF Converter;
- QuickBooks 2010/11 to 2012/13: QuickBooks V303 PDF converter;
- QuickBooks 2007/08 to 2009/10: QuickBooks PDF Converter;
- QuickBooks 2006/07 and earlier: Intuit Internal Printer;
5. Go to the Reckon Accounts installation directory. The default directory is: C:\Program Files x86\Intuit\QuickBooks 20xx-xx and C:\Program Files x86\Intuit\ReckonAccounts 20**
6. Find install.exe and double left-click to run it. Wait while the white text scrolls through the black window. When finished, close all Windows.
7. Open the Devices and Printers window, right-click on:
Amyuni Document Converter 500 for Accounts Business 2016;
Amyuni Document Converter 400 for Accounts Business 2013;
Amyuni Document Converter 300 for QuickBooks.
· Windows 10, 8 & 7: select Printer Properties, then Rename to Reckon Accounts V5 PDF Converter, QuickBooks V4 PDF Converter and QuickBooks v303 PDF Converter Respectivel;
· Windows Vista and XP: select Rename and enter QuickBooks V4 PDF Converter and QuickBooks v303 PDF Converter respectively;
**Note** The file must be renamed exactly as shown here, including spaces.
8. In Devices & Printers, right click your Reckon Accounts / QuickBooks PDF Converter and choose Properties and click the Ports tab. For Reckon Accounts 2016 and later you should see the Reckon Accounts V5 PDF Converter assigned to the RA2016Port (or later). For other editions continue....
- click the Add Port button.
- You will see that LPT1 is ticked and your QuickBooks PDF converter assigned.
- Create a new port by clicking on Add Port> highlight Local Port > New Port > and enter a name like RAB or NUL2 > OK > Close > Apply;
- Your Quickbooks PDF converter will now appear in the ticked NUL field.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Select Spool print documents so program finishes printing faster.
- Clear the checkbox labelled Enable advanced printing features.
- Select Print directly to printer.
- Click the Driver drop-down arrow and select Amyuni Document Converter 400. or Amyuni Document Converter 300.
- Click Apply and then click OK.
9. Right-click the Windows taskbar and choose Task Manager.
i) Click the Processes tab.
ii) If splWOW64.exe is present, highlight it and click the End Process button.
- Windows 8, 7 and Windows Vista: Click End Process in the warning window.
- Windows XP: Click Yes in the warning window.
Additional Information for 2016 and later
If the RA2016Port (and later) is not present in the Ports list, follow this guide to create it.
Need more help?
Ask the Reckon Community at: https://community.reckon.com/reckon.