Resorting the QuickBooks lists
Legacy KB ID: 342
QuestionHow Do I re-sort my lists in QuickBooks?
What is happening?
- Lists appear out of order
- New entries appear at the top of the list
- Reports appear out of order
- Name filter drop-down auto-fill not working in the Advanced Find.
One or more of your QuickBooks lists may be out of order and need to be resorted.
To do this;
- Close any application running on the computer
- If you currently have QuickBooks open, exit/close the software and re-open QuickBooks and select the data file you wish to perform the verify and rebuild
- Open the Write Cheques window ( go to Banking menu > Write Cheques or press Ctrl + W)
- Click into the Pay to the Order field on the cheque form so that the cursor is flashing
- Press Ctrl + L on your keyboard to display the Names List
- At the bottom of the list, select the check box Include Inactive or Show All
- From the View menu, select Re-sort List. Click OK to the message that follows
- Go to the List menu and select Chart of Accounts
- From the View menu, select Re-sort List. Click OK to the message that follows.
- Repeat this process with the remainder of the List menu, including Customer and Supplier Profile Lists sub-menu.