Unable to reconcile accounts or to create, print or email PDF files in QuickBooks QBi
QuestionHow do I reconcile accounts or create, print or email PDF files in QuickBooks QBi?
NOTE: This will apply if you are using a 64 bit version of Windows XP or Vista.
Although 64 bit is not officially supported, it has been reported that the following workaround is successful.
- Close QuickBooks
- Make sure that you are logged into Windows with administrator rights
- Click the Start button and choose Control Panel
- Unless already selected, click Classic View in the left side of the window
- Double-click Printers
- Right-click the QuickBooks PDF Converter and choose Properties
- Click the Ports tab and then click the Add Port button
- Select Local Port and click the New Port button
- Enter PDF in the Enter a port name field
- Click OK and then Close
- Be sure that the PDF: port is selected in the Ports list and click Apply and OK
- Open QuickBooks
You will now be able to reconcile accounts or create, print or email PDF files.