Error Copying File or Folder - Cannot create or replace ABA pages when opening the Online Banking Centre in QuickBooks QBi
Legacy KB ID: 283
QuestionWhy can't I access the Online Banking Centre to view and create ABA files in QuickBooks QBi?
This is due to characters such as \ , /, :, *, ?, ", <, >, & and | that exists in your company name.
To edit your Company name;
- From the Company menu, select Company Information...
- Edit the Company Name field and remove any of the characters mentioned above
- Click OK
- Restart QuickBooks
You will now be able to view and create ABA files via the Online Banking Centre.
Another reason why the error message is appearing is because the data file does not recognise the ABA file location.
To retrieve the ABA file location, you will need to;
- Open the default sample file [Sample Stadium Construction & Hardware Pty Ltd]
- Create an online(bank) transaction
- From the Banking menu, select Online Banking Centre
- Tick the Payee
- Click Create ABA File
- Save the ABA file to the default location on your computer:
- Windows 7 & Vista: C:\ C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20xx-xx\<version>20xx-xx\<QBi file>\Export Files\ABA Files
- Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks 2008-09\<version> 2008-09\<QBi file>\Export Files\ABA Files
- Close the sample file
- Open the previous data file and open the Online Banking Centre