Column details are blank when attempting to print a report or export to Excel in QuickBooks
Legacy KB ID: 409
QuestionWhy are the column details blank when attempting to print a report or export to Excel even though they appear on screen?
NOTE: Some reports have been resolved in QuickBooks 2009/10 SP1.
To download QuickBooks 2009/10 SP1, click on the link below and follow the instructions provided.
If the report does not display the information required, follow the instructions below:
To produce the name/description information on a print out:
- From the Customer Centre, double click on the first customer in the list
- From the Additional Info tab, click Define Fields
- Enter a name in the Label field and place a tick in the Customer:Jobs box
- Click OK
- Generate the report
- Click on Modify Report
- From the Display tab, locate and tick the name that was created in Columns box
- Click OK
Another alternative is to change the reporting preference from Net to Gross
To do this:
- Go to Edit > Preferences > Reports and Graphs
- Click the Company Preferences tab
- Change default reporting from Net to Gross
Print the report and the name/description details will now print out.