Cannot access the Online Banking Centre from the Banking menu
Legacy KB ID: 323
Why can't I access the Online Banking Centre from the Banking menu in Reckon Accounts Business?
Create an icon for the Online Banking Centre
This error will occur if the data file was created in QuickBooks V6.0 or below. You will receive the error:
This operation is not available because a Reckon Accounts feature, known to me as 'BankingPostSetup', is not available right now.
This operation is not available because a QuickBooks feature, known to me as 'BankPostSetup', is not available right now.
To be able to access the Online Banking Centre, an Icon will need to be created.
1. From the List menu, select Chart of Accounts
2. Double click on the bank account that has been enabled for Online Banking
3. Click Download Bank Statement. This will open the Online Banking Centre window
4. From the View menu, select Add "Online Banking Centre" to Icon Bar...
5. Select an Icon and modify the label/description if required and click OK
If this process fails to create the Icon then continue…..
Import a QIF file from your bank
1. On your bank internet site, export one day’s data to a QIF export file – only one transaction is needed. Save the file on your Desktop
2. In Accounts Business create a new Bank Account for importing these transactions (these will be deleted later) and activate it for online banking:
a. Right click the test bank account > Edit Account > Online Bank Details tab
b. Complete the details.
For APCA Number you can enter 111111
c. Save and close
3. Banking > Import Bank Statement > select QIF file from Desktop
4. Select the test bank account to import into and follow the remaining prompts
5. When the Online Banking Centre opens create an icon for it.
6. Delete the transactions from the test bank account and then delete the bank account.
If you still have a problem creating an icon, some uses found the following procedure worked:
1. Export the Chart of Accounts
a. File > Utilities > Export > Lists to IIF files
b. Select Chart of Accounts
c. Save file to your Desktop
2. Create a new company file with no accounts
3. Import the Chart of Accounts
a. File > Utilities > Import > IIF files
b. Select your saved CoA IIF file from your Desktop
4. Export the Chart of Accounts from the newly created file (see step 1)
5. Import the CoA IIF file from the newly created file to your company file
Now attempt to create the Online Banking Centre icon.
Need more help?
Ask the Reckon Community at: https://community.reckon.com/reckon.