Installing QuickBooks QBi 2008/09 Retail Upgrade in Microsoft Vista
Legacy KB ID: 82
QuestionHow do I install my QuickBooks QBi 2008/09 Retail Upgrade on Microsoft Vista?
NOTE - You must have full administrator rights before continuing.To install your previous version of Quickbooks, follow the steps below:
1. Browse the QuickBooks Installation CDROM and locate the QBooks folder.
2. Find the setup.exe file and right click it, then select Run as Administrator
3. Now install QuickBooks as normal until you receive an error relating to font not being able to access the registry.
4. Select OK and let the program finish installing
5. Reboot the PC.
6. Once the PC has restarted, open QuickBooks and register the program.
7. Once registered, Retail upgrade of 2008/09 QuickBooks QBi should install correctly.