QuickBooks has experienced a problem and must be shut down when attempting to print/preview pay slips in QuickBooks QBi 2008/09
Legacy KB ID: 222
QuestionWhy do I receive an error: QuickBooks has experienced a problem and must be shut down when attempting to print/preview pay slips?
This is caused by having a Super Item on the pay slip which has not been set up in the employee's Super Details.
To rectify this, you will need to find what super items have been used for each employee.
From the Reports drop down menu, select Employees and Payroll > Payroll Item Detail
The steps below are to add the Super Item to the Employees Profile;
1. From the Employees drop down menu and select Employee Centre
2. Click on the Employees tab
3. Right click an employee's name and choose Edit Employee
4. From the Changes tab drop down menu, choose Payroll and Compensation Info
5. Click on the Super Details... button
6. Add the necessary super item to the item name list
- You must include inactive super items if required.
Note: This issue is occuring on 2 per page and custom pay slips. 1 per page and 3 per page pay slips are functioning correctly. This issue is currently under investigation and will be resolved as soon as possible.