State Payroll Tax for SA , NSW , QLD and NT are incorrect / Changed in QuickBooks QBi 2008/09
Legacy KB ID: 287
QuestionWhy is the State Payroll Tax for South Australia (SA ), New South Wales ( NSW ) , Queensland ( QLD ) and Northern Territory ( NT )
are incorrect in QuickBooks QBi 2008/09?
Currently in QuickBooks QBi 2008/09, the state payroll tax threshold and percentage are incorrect and / or have been changed recently for South Australia ( SA ), Victoria ( VIC ) , News South Wales ( NSW ) and Northern Territory (NT)
The correct figures are as follows:
- SA State Threshold - $552,000 State Percentage - 5.0%
- VIC State Threshold - $550,000 State Percentage - 4.95%
- NT State Threshold - $1,250,000 State Percentage - 5.9%
- NSW State Threshold - $623,000 State Percentage - 6.0%
In order to correct the figures, follow the instructions below:
Download the [State_Payroll_update.exe] from the link below and save it to a location on your hard drive. (E.g. Desktop)
- Locate State_Payroll_update.exe and double click on the file to run the setup
- Unzip the attached file to your installation path of QuickBooks QBi 2008/09
[Default location is C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2008-09]
Note: If you have installed QuickBooks to a different location, you will need to browse to that location.
- Click Unzip
- When the file has been applied, open QuickBooks
- From the Employee menu, select Tax Table Information...
- Click Tax Table Info
- Click State Payroll Tax
- State Payroll tax should show the right figures and therefore do the right calculations.