State Payroll Tax scales are not updated when applying QuickBooks 2008/09 SP2 (R8)
Legacy KB ID: 352
QuestionWhy isn't the State Payroll Tax updated when applying QuickBooks 2008/09 SP2 (R8)?
If you are currently using QuickBooks 2008/09 (R3), the State Payroll Tax scales do not get updated when applying QuickBooks 2008/09 (R8).
In order to correct these figures, refer to KB Q11982 or download the State Payroll Tax update from the link below:
- Save the file to a location on your hard drive (e.g Desktop)
- Locate State_Payroll_update.exe and double click on the file to run the setup
- Unzip the attached file to your installation path of QuickBooks QBi 2008/09
[Default location is C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks 2008-09]
Note: If you have installed QuickBooks to a different location, you will need to browse to that location.
- Click Unzip
- When the file has been applied, open QuickBooks
- From the Employee menu, select Tax Table Information...
- Click Tax Table Info
- Click State Payroll Tax
- State Payroll tax should show the right figures and therefore do the right calculations.