Transaction Detail by Account Report does not display tax codes in QuickBooks QBi 2008/09 and above
Legacy KB ID: 321
QuestionWhy are tax codes not available via the Transaction Detail by Account Report in QuickBooks QBi 2008/09 and above?
In QuickBooks QBi 2008/09 and above, the Transaction Detail by Account report does not display tax codes.
To get around this, a Custom Transaction Detail Report can be modified to show the relevant information.
- From the Reports menu, select Custom Transaction Detail Report
- Click on Modify Report...
- From the Display tab, select the following from the Columns list;
- Tax Code
- From the Total by drop down list, select Account list
- From the Sort by drop down list, select Type
- Click OK
If you would like to memorise this report for future use (recommended);
- Click on Memorise...
- Enter a Name for the report
- You will have the option to Save the report in a Memorised Group (Optional)
- Click OK
Note: General Journal entries will not display tax codes on this report.