On the 30th of March 2020, the Australian Federal Government announced a new wage subsidy measure to combat job losses and grant businesses the means to pay staff.
The package has been dubbed the ‘JobKeeper’ payment and will be worth $130 billion, securing income for an estimated six million Australian workers.
To learn more about JobKeeper Payment, please visit the ATO's website.
What is the JobKeeper payment?
- Employers affected by COVID-19 related revenue loss will be paid $1,500 per fortnight, per employee.
- Business must have suffered at least 30% in revenue losses to qualify.
- This $1,500 (before tax) per fortnight will be paid to your employees (through you) for six months.
- Reimbursements of JobKeeper Payments per eligible employee from the ATO will begin from the 1st week of May, 2020.
- Reimbursements are 'backdated' to March 30, 2020, but casual staff need to have been employed for 12 months or longer.
- Australian Government Treasury FAQ
- Australian Government Business website
- ATO Community JobKeeper Forum
- Examples from the ATO
- Leave Accrual info from FairWork
- FAQ - JobKeeper Payments in Reckon products
- JobKeeper Fortnight period (FN number) reference
How to process JobKeeper Payments
- Reckon Payroll Premier 2019/20 JobKeeper Guide
- Reckon STP Mobile JobKeeper Guide
- Reckon Payroll Mobile JobKeeper Guide
Reckon Accredited Partners
Search for a certified Reckon product specialist to assist you in all things JobKeeper!