Warning message - Printer Settings Damaged when attempting to print in QuickBooks QBi
Legacy KB ID: 304
Why do I receive the error message - Printer Settings Damaged when attempting to print in QuickBooks QBI?
To overcome this message you will need to delete two print files from your computer which QuickBooks makes use of for printing. The two files are called:
These print files can be found from the following locations:
Windows 7 & Vista
C:\Users\All Users\Intuit\QuickBooks xxxx-xx and C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks xxxx-xx.
To search for these files:
1. Click the Windows Start menu and click on Computer
2. In the box Search Computer in the top right-hand corner of the screen, enter
QBPRINT.QBP and click on Enter
3. The search is finished when the coloured bar across the top reaches the right-hand side of the screen. All QBPRINT.QBP files will be listed on the screen.
4. Select all QBPRINT.QBP files and delete
5. Repeat these steps to delete WPR.INI.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks xxxx-xx (where X represents the year of QuickBooks product currently in use)
To Search for these files:
1. Click the Windows Start menu and select Search
2. Click All Files and Folders
3. Click More Advanced Options
4. Tick Search hidden files and folders and Search subfolders
5. In all or part of the file name field enter in QBPRINT.QBP
6. In the Look in Field choose Local Hard Drives (C:)
7. Click Search
8. In the search result window, right click on all QBPRINT.QBP files and choose Delete
9. Repeat the above steps to delete WPR.INI