How to remove QuickBooks 2009-10 Service Pack 1 from Add or Remove Programs
Legacy KB ID: 427
QuestionHow can I remove QuickBooks 2009-10 Service Pack 1 from Add or Remove Programs?
QuickBooks 2009-10 SP1 is uninstalled as part of the QuickBooks 2009-10 installation, however it will still display in the Add or Remove Programs or Program and Features window.
If you wish to remove it from the Add or Remove Programs or Program and Features window, follow the steps below:
Note: Modifying the registry can affect your operating system. Make sure you follow the steps carefully. If you are unsure of the steps below, you can back up the registry before you modify it. Then you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information, click on the link below:
To remove QuickBooks 2009-10 Service Pack 1 from the Add or Remove Programs list:
- From the Start menu, click Run...
- Type regedit in the Open field and click OK
- From the Registry Editor window, locate and click on the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Uninstall
- Each key under Uninstall represents a program that appears in Add or Remove Programs
- Go down the list and click each key, then view the following value - DisplayName (in the right window)
- Locate QuickBooks 2009-10 Service Pack 1
- When you have identified the registry key, right-click the key and click Delete
- Close the registry window
QuickBooks 2009-10 Service Pack 1 will no longer appear in Add or Remove Programs.