My QuickBooks crash when I try and save a General Journal, or I get an error message that another user has deleted this General Journal.
Legacy KB ID: 438
QuestionWhy when I try and save a general journal, my QuickBooks Crash or I get an error message when trying to save my edited journal?
Since releasing this software update we have become aware of an additional step required when installing the tax table and RESC software update to ensure that your QuickBooks Journal entries are accurate.
When upgrading your QuickBooks data file from QuickBooks 2008/09, the data file first needed to be upgraded to QuickBooks 2009/10 prior to the aforementioned software update installed.
Once this upgrade was completed, the tax table and RESC software update could then be loaded and the data file upgraded into QuickBooks 2009/10.
If you (in this order):
1. were using QuickBooks 2008/09 up until we released the update;
2. loaded QuickBooks 2009/10 for the first time
3. loaded the QuickBooks 2009/10 Tax Table and RESC software update
4. upgraded your QuickBooks 2008/09 data file
you will need to download the re-engineered tax table and RESC software update to ensure that your Journal entries are accurate.
To download the QuickBooks 2009/10 Tax Table and RESC software upgrade please complete the process below.
1. Uninstall your current version of QuickBooks
2. Reinstall QuickBooks 2009/10
3. Download and install the re-engineered Tax Table and RESC software update (note that more detailed installation instructions have been added since you originally downloaded the update to assist with a seamless installation)
4. Re-store your back up copy of your QuickBooks 2008/09 data file
If you were still using QuickBooks 2007/08, had upgraded to QuickBooks 2009/10 previously, or upgraded your QuickBooks 2008/09 data file to QuickBooks 2009/10 prior to installing the software update, you do not need to carry out the above reinstallation process.