Unrecoverable error when generating a Reconciliation report as a PDF in QuickBooks QBi 2008/09
Legacy KB ID: 373
QuestionWhy do I receive an unrecoverable error when generating a Reconciliation report as a PDF in QuickBooks QBi 2008/09?
QuickBooks is attempting to open a PDF file that is set to open in a Web browser. QuickBooks cannot open it in a browser, since it is in the program itself, so it generates the error message. This is most often caused by updating to Adobe Acrobat 9.0.
Note: QBi does not support Adobe Acrobat 9.
To resolve this issue:
Clear the Display PDF in browser checkbox in the preferences in Adobe Reader/Acrobat. If you have both Reader and Acrobat, then change the setting in both programs:
- In Reader or Acrobat, choose Edit > Preferences
- In the left pane of the Preferences window, select Internet
- Clear the Display PDF in browser checkbox
- Click OK
If the error recurs, uninstall Adobe Acrobat 9.0 and install Adobe Acrobat 9.3 or later:
- Click the Windows Start button and choose Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
- Select Adobe Reader 9 and click Remove
- Download a copy of Adobe Reader 9.3 or later from the Adobe website
- Install Adobe Reader
- Restart your computer