Changing tax amounts - Increase, decrease or adjust my tax amounts in QuickBooks QBi
Legacy KB ID: 370
QuestionHow can I change / edit the calculated tax amounts in QuickBooks QBi forms?
Early releases of QuickBooks QBi 2008/09 were unable to edit the tax amounts in bills, bill credits, cheques, credit card charges and general journals. These releases included R2, R3, R6 and R7. This functionality has been enabled in our R8 release or Service Pack 2 and is also available in QuickBooks QBi 2009-10.
To identify your current software version please follow the instructions below:
- Open QuickBooks and press the 'Ctrl' and '1' keys
- A new window will appear in the foreground titled 'Product Information'
- In the top left hand corner your current version of QuickBooks will be listed e.g. Product QuickBooks Pro 2008/09 Release R7 (or R7P)
If you are using R3, R6 or R7:
- Download our service pack 2 from https://www.quicken.com.au/Products/QBPatches.aspx, select your release and follow the onscreen instructions.
If you are using R2:
- Service pack 2 cannot be applied to the R2 release and therefore a full un-install and re-install of QuickBooks is required. Please contact our Customer Service department on 1300 784 253 to request a new CD.
To activate the tax editing feature in QuickBooks 2008/09 QBi Service Pack 2 (R8) release or QuickBooks QBi 2009-10, follow the steps below:
- From the Edit menu, select Preferences...
- Click the Tax icon
- From the Company Preferences tab, select YES under "Do you want to edit tax amounts?"