Validation error when submitting Empdupe file in QuickBooks QBi 2008/09
Legacy KB ID: 284
Why do I receive a validation error when I submit the Empdupe file in QuickBooks QBi 2008/09?
To submit the Empdupe file, follow the steps below:
Note: This only applies if your Company Information legal address is WA.
- From the Company menu, select Company Information...
- From the Legal Information, change the state to SA from the drop down list and click OK
- Create a new Empdupe file
- Double click the Empdupe file and select Notepad in the Open With list and click OK
- Locate three SA entries next to your company postcode
a. line 9
b. Line 10
c. Line 16
- Delete the letters SA and replace it with WA (ensure that only the SA letters are replaced with WA)
- From the File menu, select Save
- Close Notepad
- Check the file in the Electronic Commerce Interface (ECI)
- When the file has been validated, change the state back to WA (as per steps 1 & 2)